Tips for turning your customers into fans
There are customers. And, then there are fans! Do you know the difference between the two and do you know how to integrate an online reputation management strategy? Well, every fan is a customer, but not every customer is a fan. A customer is someone who may occasionally buy your product while taking a casual stroll through the supermarket aisle, just for the sake of trying out something new.
But, a fan is someone who is devoted only to you.
They have the ‘I wasn’t even looking at it’ kind of dedication for a brand. They are the ones who do free word of mouth publicity. These people would never ditch you for someone else.
That’s the kind of goal every brand should have in mind – to convert customers into fans. But, that calls for earning their loyalty.
This post talks about ways you can turn people into fans; the hardcore loyal ones who would never cheat on you. Here we go –
- Give personalized service – Do you know why people are not afraid to wait in long queues at Starbucks? How does Starbucks handle their online reputation management strategy? Well, it can’t just be for the fancy coffees they serve. There’s more to why people are ready to take that pain and it’s not just for the delicious beverages. When they go away with their name imprinted on the coffee mug with a special thank-you from the staff; that feeling is one of a kind. Take some inspiration from Starbucks and never leave a chance to go above and beyond for offering a personalized service/product.
- Listen, Engage, and Act on social media – People no longer expect a robotic response from a machine. They want someone who can connect with them a personal level. Thanks to the phenomenon that is social media, offering exceptional after-sales service has become a piece of cake; not to mention it provides an incredible platform for connecting with people on a human level. A simple follow-back on the Instagram/twitter, or sending a thank you message to your customers inbox every time they make a purchase are some genuine ways of showing that you care about the customers.
Establishing this type of personal connection might not have been possible a decade ago. But, social media has brought unlimited possibilities for establishing a deeper connection with people. Every tweet, every Facebook post, every reply to the comment is a way of showing that a brand cares about people. In this age and time where concern seems to be fading away; these things can go a long way in retaining customers and turning them into loyal fans.
- Feature people on your site to make them feel special – What better way could there be to express your love for the customers; than to feature them on your site? It would be like a huge honor. The reward-like feeling will definitely strengthen the strong bond between you and the customers.
You could feature their reviews/testimonials on the website along with their picture.
Go an extra mile and take things on social media. Regularly expressing your gratitude for the customers will surely make them feel valued. That’s what we all want, don’t we – to be value!
- Make it as painless as possible – Apple didn’t become an overnight success. Reason why this brand enjoys such an unprecedented level of success is because of its exceptional customer service; which is safe to say, the company has kept quite painless. If your phone is giving you troubles; the company is not hesitant to toss away the old phone and replace it with new.
Every time a customer comes with a query or a trouble; make sure to offer them a solution in a pain-free manner. Everyone has a lot on their plates. A troublesome service only adds to that pain. But, if you can make sure that you customer don’t ever have to experience headache due to any reason whatsoever; they would never want to think about leaving you.
Every time a customer has a pleasant experience with a brand; it reinforces a positive image in their minds. The whole thing will condition their mind into associating your brand with positivity and pain-free experience.
- Add an element of a pleasant surprise – The best way to show that you truly care is to surprise your customers pleasantly when they are least expecting it.
You can do that by giving a complimentary product on an occasional online order. It’s not so much about the product that makes the person feel special as much as it is about the element of surprise.
Imagine checking out of a hotel and the hotel staff treating you to a small basket containing water bottle, tissues, and a bag of nuts for making the rest of your journey all the more pleasant. Now, it’s not like you can’t buy these things on your own. You can easily afford all this stuff. But, it’s about the act of giving and the element of surprise that would want to come back to the hotel the next time you are in the city. Additionally, the customer will have every reason to praise the hotel and recommend it to others.
Think of ways to incorporate the element of surprise and see your customers raving great reviews about you!
So, are you ready to go an extra mile and impressing your customers with that ‘WOW’ factor? Are you ready to put together an online reputation management strategy? Follow these tips and you will surely have more fans than customers who stay true to their favorite brand!