7 Ways Social Media Can Destroy Your Business Reputation
Most of the businesses are using social media network to explore their services and products more efficiently. Social media channels provide a great platform for companies to promote their brands and build great relationships with clients. Social media networks like Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Facebook are the mediators between businesses and audience. They help brands to introduce themselves to visitors and also help people to know a brand’s services and products more closely.
Social media provides a great opportunity to entrepreneurs to expand their business awareness. Just like social media accounts make your business reputation, they can break it as well. If not managed properly, they can damage the overall reputation of a brand. Here are 7 ways social media can ruin the online reputation of your business:
- Irrelevant posts: Boring or irrelevant posts can affect the status of your business. A new perspective on an old but popular post makes your business visible to the audience. The audience will come to you to know your perspective and if found interesting they will turn into regular clients automatically. So, ask yourself what can help you in seeking the attention of visitors. Build a creative post around that specific topic, post it on your social media account, and get ready to attend the thousands of visitors.
- An inappropriate image can affect your brand reputation: All your efforts and creativity are zero, if the image you’re attaching the post if not appropriate. Inappropriate images could cost you your business’ reputation. The image you select can make your post more visible and noticeable. So before adding a photo, ensure that the particular image is professional and relevant to your post. Keep a close eye on what you’re posting on your business page to avoid any kind of negative impact on your company image.
- Picking up the wrong platform: As you know there are so many social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others. With so many choices available in front of you, it is hard to choose the relevant platform for a specific task. Before selecting any platform, know which one can provide you maximum result from your efforts. Don’t be confused by these choices. Know which one is right for your job and then make your decision.
- Insufficient content: Content is what makes your posts more effective. Don’t ignore the power of content. Lack of sufficient content in your posts can make them less impressive. Having a social media page without enough information about your business leads your business towards loss. No one is going to trust you if you don’t have enough content on your social media account. Before you create your business page, make sure that you have a lot to say about your business. Make regular posts, engage your customers, and attract more and more visitors to your business.
- Bad behavior: Don’t disrespect anyone on your social profile page. This kind of behavior reflects your negative personality and adds a negative impact on your social reputation. Being rude with audience grab their attention but this is not the kind of attention you’re looking for your business. So avoid disrespecting others as much as you can even if they are abusing you. Be calm and answer accordingly that it doesn’t look rude and disrespecting anyhow. Or you can simply delete such comments or block the person and just move ahead.
- No reply back: Ignoring people’s messages and comments on social media is another negative point and it can lead your business to loss. Always do reply back even if the comments are negative; but in a sophisticated manner. Always be active and reply back as soon as you can. Take out some time to respond back. It shows that you’re responsive and that you really do listen to what people are saying about you. This is important to engage your clients for the long run and earn their trust.
- Being tagged in inappropriate posts: Being tagged in negative posts may impact your audience. Keep a close on your social account. You should know who is tagging you and in what kind of posts. Being a company owner, remember that an inappropriate post can affect your whole business growth and reputation. So this is your responsibility to be careful. If you find something irrelevant, delete or untag yourself from that post simply.
These are some of the common ways social media can ruin your hard earned business reputation in the market. Now that you have a little idea about what can harm your business reputation, try to stay away from such things. Avoid these common mistakes as much as you can. Use your common sense to attract the right kind of attention and people to your business. If used correctly, social media helps you achieve your dream job and take your business to new higher level.